Monday, August 24, 2015

New surprise Planetary Annihilation expansion released!

Hey guys, I'm back with some awesome news! The first expansion pack for the RTS game Planetary Annihilation just came out a few days ago, and it looks really cool from what I've seen so far. But what are all of my thoughts on this? I'll explain down below!

So you're probably wondering what the expansion includes. Well, the biggest thing that the standalone expansion includes is the Titan-class units, which are similar to the huge experimental units that you could research and then build back in Supreme Commander, the spiritual predecessor to PA. There are six Titan units,  and from what I've heard they're all unique and super powerful. I don't actually know the names of them or what they do, but I'm sure these units are totally awesome!

As you would expect from an expansion, there are also around 16 new units that seem varied and really cool, like hover tanks and nanobot swarms. Although these units look different than the existing units in PA, they probably won't function that uniquely when put next to other units.

Although them adding more units is cool and all, that's not the main thing that I like about this expansion from what I've read. Titans offers different levels of terrain, which blocks off movement and allows units on high ground to fire at units on low ground without the latter being able to return fire. You'll also be able to change the terrain levels of a planet in the System Designer, which is another cool thing that I think will make custom player-created planets much more diverse.
Another new addition to the game is the Bounty Hunter mode. I'm not sure what exactly this mode is, but by the look of it the developers are trying to broaden the game experience beyond the typical planet-smashing annihilation matches.

So, there you have it! Of course, I don't own Planetary Annihilation Titans yet, but it looks like a really interesting upgrade to the already awesome PA gameplay with a handful of new units, a new tutorial (forgot to mention that), and a new game mode. The game is free for kickstarter backers, $14 for owners of PA (like me), and $40 for everyone else.

I hope you guys enjoyed this news-based post, and be sure to keep checking this blog for my Planetary Annihilation full review!

Here's the link if you're interested:

And with that, I'll see you guys later!



No comments:

Post a Comment