Friday, July 10, 2015

Clarity Keyboard Beta: Android App Review!

What's going on guys, I'm back with another awesome app review! Unfortunately I still can't put pics into my posts on the blogger app, so I'll add them the next time I get my laptop onto WiFi. Today, I'll be reviewing the clarity Keyboard beta, which is a fantastic keyboard so far to say the least. So without further ado, let's get into it!


What is Clarity Keyboard? Well, it's a keyboard (durr). But why should you use this one over any other keyboard like swiftkey? Read on to find out!


If you couldn't tell already, I love this keyboard. In fact, I'm using it to type this post right now!  It's got some awesome features that SwiftKey doesn't have and probably never will, and it's also coincedentally made by the developers of swiftkey. For example, clarity will be able to correct entire sentences when the grammar isn't correct, but that isn't the best part of this keyboard app. That spot is reserved for the ability to simply press backspace to undo whatever the autocorrect put in that you didn't want. I can't tell you how awesome and convenient this feature is, it means autocorrect will [almost] never annoy you again! It's also worth mentioning that the comma key is located to the left of the space bar, which is also kind of nifty and definitely saves time going to the numbers page and looking for it. You will still have to do this with exclamation marks and question marks, however.
The Keyboard has a minimalist gray look with white for letters and a green design for the action keys. Its not the prettiest keyboard I've ever seen, but it looks really good regardless.


The only major issue with this app is that it doesn't let you customize your Keyboard at all, use flow or keep track of your stats like swiftkey does, but since it's in beta that's definitely excusable. It would have been nice to at least change the color of the labels on the icons though. Another minor issue I have with this app is how these new features couldn't have just been implemented into the original swiftkey app instead of making a whole new app, maybe there was some problem with the code that prevented them from doing that, I don't know for sure.

Clarity Keyboard beta is free to download on Google play and the app store (I think). Plus, since it's in beta you can send feedback and get involved with development!

Thanks so much for reading guys, and a follow and/or a like would make my day. I'm planning to do a "free app of the week" series sometime in the future, so definitely look out for that!
And with that, I'll see you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment