Saturday, December 13, 2014

Nokia Z Launcher Beta: Quick Look

Hey guys, be prepared for another tech-based post as I discuss a new launcher that has come out recently- the Nokia Z Launcher Beta! I think Nokia is a Microsoft-owned company, which explains the Windows-like feel of the launcher. So, let's get started!

This is probably one of the most simple and innovative launchers I've seen in a while. Notice how there's no search bar? That's because all you have to do to search is write out the letter with your finger, and results will show up on the screen. I thought this was really cool and definitely gives this launcher character. As always, at the bottom of the screen is your dock which has your most important apps (phone, messaging, etc.). You can also press the "all apps" icon to search for just apps that have been installed on your device.

When you search, it will come up with contacts, apps that have been installed on the device, and what you have searched in the past. The search will also find common things that other people have searched, just like any other popular search engine.

If there is one major complaint that I have with this app, it is that it takes way too long to draw words, since after you draw a letter it takes more time to disappear than it should. Other reviews have mentioned a few bugs in the app, but you have to consider that this app is still in Beta and that it will (hopefully) be improved over time.

Check the app out here!

Well, thanks so much guys for reading, and I'll catch you later! I'd also appreciate it if you posted comments below on what you want me to do next on my blog, it would mean a lot.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment